Applications are invited for a Senior Clinical Fellow (ST4+ equivalent) that specialises in Emergency Medicine to join a busy, innovative and friendly team at a Trust based in Greater London.
The Trust is one of the largest in the country, their dedicated workforce of 6,500 staff and volunteers serve the local population of about 750,000 from a wide range of social and ethnic groups. It is also a Major Trauma Centre for isolated head injuries and thus has close links to the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS).
The aim of the Emergency Medicine Academy is to provide a structured training platform in order to develop Non-Training Middle Grade Doctors. They would like NTG doctors to have acquired skills which are matched to the RCEM curriculum at the level expected from a ST3 RCEM Trainee doctor.
The successful post holder must have a minimum of 3 years experience within an Emergency Medicine post FY2 equivalent and experience of medicine, surgery/orthopedics and paediatrics.
In return the Trust is offers the following:
* A 2-3 year rotation will include: Emergency Medicine, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Acute Medicine and Anaesthetics/ICU; Prior to this all candidates will be required to work 12 months in ED prior to be offered the rotation
* RCEM Portfolio: RCEM affiliation fees (access to e-portfolio, RCEM learning, RCEM documents and CPD events) - funding up to £300 per year, per candidate
* MScs: Master’s Degree in Emergency Medicine; MSc Resuscitation and Emergencies (QMUL Emergency Medicine); MSc Trauma (QMUL Trauma Surgery), funding up to: £ 4450 per candidate
* Study leave allowance and expenses for Emergency Medicine Courses
* Bi weekly teaching built into the rota for all doctors
* 3 months of fully furnished accommodation ( for those relocating from>150 mile radius)
* Management time built in the rota
Applicants must be fully registered with the GMC with a license to practice.
For candidates who reside abroad you must have completed the necessary language test (IELTS / OET / NARIC) before applying. You must be able to satisfy the language test requirements of the UKVI remit.
Selected courses offered by the trust include ATLS,ALS,APLS and Level 1 Core Emergency Ultrasound.
These post consists of on average 48 hours per week and attract a 1a banding (50%). We offer 27 days of annual leave + bank holidays.
If you want more information on this position then please apply now!
We are often appointed by NHS Trusts to help recruit for their vacancies. If you are interested in moving to another Trust, but this particular one is not what you are looking for, then please get in contact and let me know as I'm sure we will be able to help