Critical Care | Senior Nurse| Equivalent Band 6 depending on experience | Leeds | Progressive and transformative team – enhancements for weekends and nights
*Possible Joining Bonus Available up to £2000, please enquire for more details*
Spire Leeds are looking for an experienced Critical Care Nurse to join our Level 1b department and help assist and deputise the Critical Care Lead and Resuscitation Lead to achieve a Level 2/3.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. Spire Leeds have been rated ‘Good’ in their recent CQC inspection.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be joining a small-dedicated team of critical care nurses on this state of the art 5-bedded CCU. Initially you will be caring for Sleep Apnea, Gastro and Cardiology work (ablations) Patients with plans to ultimately offer Level 3 intensive care.
- Providing leadership to a team of critical care nurses on shift.
- Deliver excellent patient care to critical care patients and their relatives
- Assess patients’ health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload
- Act as mentor to junior team members offering supervision and ongoing development
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Post Graduate critical care course is essential
- Recent experience of leading a critical care unit
- Mentorship or leadership course
- Experience of managing a team
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
- We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little 07860 407360 [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications