Senior Engineer | Leeds | Maintenance | Full Time
Spire Leeds Hospital is amongst Yorkshire’s largest hospitals offering treatment across over 30 medical specialties including orthopaedic surgery, cardiology, oncology (cancer care) and general surgery. Treating adults and children and part of the award-winning Spire Healthcare group, multi-disciplinary teams provide fast, personalised healthcare.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
As a Senior Engineer you will help with the day to day running of a large scale busy hospital, making sure everything in the background is running smoothly and efficiently. Ideally you will have experience with joinery and also some exposure to plumbing work. This will be a hands on role but you will also play an element in the reporting side so being proficient on a computer will be useful.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To undertake maintenance/testing of plant / equipment, ensuring compliance with current HTM recommendations / PPM Schedules and manufactures instruction keeping all necessary records
- To provide in-house day to day maintenance service
- To provide out of hours emergency on-call service.
- Maximise resources and identify cost saving opportunities
- To work in accordance with Spire Policy, Health & Safety and COSHH Legislation
Who we're looking for:
- Practical working experience and a hands on approach ideally with a joinery background or plumbing experience
- Extensive knowledge of building services
- Hold relevant certificates and be up to date in an engineering field
- IT Literate and a competent user of MS Office suite
- Background in facilities management or working in a hospital setting as an engineer (Desirable)
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Luke Taylor on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Control Of Substances Hazardous To Health (Coshh)