* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Private Medical Insurance Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Free meals while on duty
* Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
* Continuous learning and development
* Childcare vouchers
* Career development
* Personal health insurance
* An employee assistance programme
* Voluntary Benefits
Duties of the role include:
* The post holder will monitor staff in direct patient care programmes and activities.
* The post holder will embrace those managerial duties that require them to respond to night emergency situations, and the deployment of staff. To be the administrator of incidents/accidents that need to be referred to a higher body.
* The post holder will be either ward based during part of the night, or peripatetic providing input into a group of wards across the region.
* The post holder will liaise closely with the appropriate Ward Managers responsible for the 24 hour continuing responsibility of a ward.
* Responsible for monitoring the environmental standards within the wards and maintaining the safety of patients.
* The post holder will assist in the professional guidance and clinical development of all night nursing staff, in consultation with the appropriate Ward Managers for that ward. This will include formal feedback on staff during their time on nights.
* The post holder will provide clinical expertise within the night nursing service, and to offer initial support and guidance to nursing staff on clinical matters.
* The post holder will be responsible for reporting all untoward incidents to the appropriate manager, and on-call manager, and will assist in the compilation of statements following untoward accidents.
* The post holder will liaise with on call nurse in order to maintain safe staffing levels throughout the hospital at night. This may include last minute staff deployment.
* The post holder will complete on a nightly basis all relevant documentation in relation to staff movement / sickness reporting.
* Clinical/Managerial supervision is a formal relationship with the specific aim of developing and improving and monitoring care. As an employee of the nursing department you will be expected to receive regular supervision.
Contact Jack on (phone number removed) or (url removed) for more information
Athona Recruitment's nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you're based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that's right for you
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Nurse - Winchester) .