Senior Health Care Assistant
Salary: £10.40 per hour
Location: Kendal, Cumbria.
Contracted Hours: Full Time
Shift Pattern: Mixed Shifts. (Days and Nights)
Contract type: Permanent
Covid vaccinations: If offered employment, you must produce evidence that you have either commenced or completed the vaccination programme. If not, you must agree to have both vaccinations before your start date. All staff need to be fully vaccinated by Thursday 11th November 2021 or prove medical exemption.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a residential care home located in Kendal, Cumbria. This home welcomes 30 residents with Dementia and Alzheimer's and offers first class care for the elderly on a permanent or respite basis, delivered by highly trained professionals.
CQC overall good.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be involved in supporting the daily activities of residents in a person-centred manner, promoting their dignity, Independence, and well-being, and becoming an integral part of their lives. You will be working as part of a team and your key responsibilities include providing care to Residents and ensuring they retain their dignity and individuality.
Desirable Skills and Necessary Qualifications as a Senior Care Assistant:
* NVQ level 3 health and social REQUIRED
* Effective multi-tasking and prioritisation
* Previous experience within a nursing home is desirable but this is not essential
* Possess good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and a kind, caring and compassionate nature within nursing.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
* Good communication and English language skills
* Established leadership skills to manage large teams
* Knowledge of CQC and local authority requirement
Should you be interested in the position above or would like further information, please contact Optima.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd is an employment agency with a legitimate interest in providing work finding services. Please be advised that by submitting your CV to Optima, directly or via any of our job advertisement platforms, your personal data will be held on our secure internal CRM. Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. As an individual, you have the right to withdraw consent for your details to be held on our database at any time
- Decision Making
- Home Care
- Interpersonal Skills