Brief Role Description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful manufacturer of Safety Critical Components, in their search for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to join their expanding team.
* Leading the human factors engineering efforts in the company’s research and development team
* Engineer subsystems and interfaces to improve user experience whilst at the same time considering the cost and manufacturability of the design
* Lead the planning, moderating and analysing of risk and opportunities
* Lead the planning, moderating and reporting of formative and summative usability studies
* Help mentor, teach and grow colleagues
To join our world-class team, you’ll be an excellent team-player, comfortable working in a non-hierarchical environment and enthusiastic and just as keen as we are to produce a world-class medical product. Specific skills and attributes we are looking for include:
* Previous significant experience in working as part of a development team to meet Human factors and usability objectives in a dynamic, challenging and exciting environment
* Strong interpersonal skills across a diverse range of engineering, clinical and business disciplines
* Articulate; to ensure we excel, you’ll need to be a strong communicator (whether that’s in what you say or what you write) with excellent attention to detail
* Not only will you be comfortable observing and interviewing people in clinical situations, you’ll also be great at putting them at ease
* A proven ability to synthesise a lot of information and distil it into meaningful actions
* A track record of consistently producing valuable, well-written, deliverables containing solid and actionable recommendations
It would be great if you had some or all the following hands-on experience:
* Applying human factors methodologies for EU, ISO & FDA regulated medical devices
* The pragmatic application of IEC 62366 and HE-75 in the development of medical devices
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Research And Development