Lead Nurse | Infection Prevention & Control | IPC | Band 6/7 dependent on experience | Leicester | Full Time, No Nights.
Spire Leicester Hospital is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Infection Prevention & Control Nurse. This role will lead the infection and prevention control agenda throughout the whole hospital, on a full time basis.
Founded in 1989, Spire Leicester is a high performing hospital with a great track record in superior patient care. We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology, meaning we can offer everything from screening, rehabilitation and cutting-edge surgical procedures in specialist fields like orthopaedics and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Matron, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and development of a quality infection prevention and control service at Spire Leicester Hospital providing leadership, support and guidance to all staff and ensuring a patient focussed service.
The post holder will demonstrate a high level of autonomy to challenge inappropriate practice and must demonstrate clinical decision-making to assist in containing and reducing the incidence of infection through risk assessment, surveillance, audit, intervention and education.
Who we're looking for:
- First level registered nurse with degree level or equivalent experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Infection Control Nursing or equivalent or have achieved IPS infection control competencies.
- Skills and expertise to communicate this knowledge to support delivery of the Infection Control Work Plan
- Specialist/professional knowledge and skills combined with excellent/well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to engage others and influence their practice and behaviour
- Experienced in communicating with all grades and disciplines, and able to balance conflicting issues whilst maintaining the individual patient’s care needs
- Confidence to deliver training and instruction to staff through forums and individual training
- The ability to challenge inappropriate practice and improve compliance through education and refresher training
- High degree of accuracy, with a methodical approach to work-load
- Flexibility and adaptability to task and duties
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Andy Owen on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications