JOB TITLE: Senior Lab Analyst CSS
RATE £25.30/ hr PAYE (£34.37/ hr Umbrella) Inside IR35
DURATION: 12 Months
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC in science or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- Experience in lab areas
- Analytical laboratory experience
- Relevant radiochemical knowledge and experience specific to this role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good general safety awareness
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
- A positive approach, self-motivated, assertive and the ability to use initiative.
- Must be willing and able to attain UK Security clearance at BPSS level
The purpose of the post is to deliver analytical work. The job holder is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of the laboratories.
Trainees at Analyst will be considered where they demonstrate the potential to operate at Senior Analyst level, following training and gaining relevant experience. (£15.35/ hr PAYE - £20.85/ hr Umbrella)
The job holder will:
- Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analysis and reporting to the lab or team leader, including testing and internal calibrations, ensuring that CSS reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist the laboratory leader/shift chemist in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading to unplanned downtime.
- Report possible non compliances to the laboratory leader/shift chemist and propose and deliver corrective actions to close out non-compliances.
- Perform method development, validation and uncertainty estimation.
- Maintain a daily log and report progress and/or problems to laboratory leader/shift chemist.
- Prepare technical documents for review.
- Perform non routine and emergent sample preparation, analysis.
- Undertake safety checks, report and take appropriate action.
- Perform required laboratory inter comparison exercises.
- Maintain relevant analytical proficiencies.
- Undertake audits on UKAS aspects of the quality management system.
- Be required to undertake shift work on a rota basis.
- Perform the responsibilities of management appointments relevant to the post.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants