We are recruiting on behalf of a company that are an established UK authority providing scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries across the globe.
Our client has a Senior Laboratory Technician vacancy within their microbiology department. The successful candidate will perform microbiological procedures on samples received into the department.
* Microbiological testing of sample, including PCR and DNA based methods.
* LIMS administration booking in samples, entering results, creating reports.
* To develop skills to be a point of contact for client liaison regarding testing requirements and results.
* Record and keep accurate records of work done and all appropriate laboratory information and results using the appropriate forms.
* Demonstrate in audit situations (when required).
* To be a point of reference for laboratory staff when unexpected/atypical results are seen and to oversee the subsequent investigation getting the necessary support from the laboratory and Group Manager.
* Supervise non-MAS staff at the weekend.
* Collect samples off site (when required).
* Contribute to validation and verification of methods working alongside the Laboratory Manager.
* To ensure calibration, verification for all equipment is adhered to and completed on schedule and records kept.
* Maintain laboratory facilities and equipment as detailed in the BMS, including performing housekeeping duties.
* Other reasonable duties required by CPU Supervisor, and MAS Laboratory or Group Manager.
* Experience working in an ISO 17025 accredited microbiology laboratory for 2+ years.
* Knowledge of microbiological techniques.
* Work accurately within specified time frames.
* Competent in the use of LIMS
Laboratory Information Management Systems