Mammographer/Radiographer | Imaging | Band 6/7 dependent on experience | Methley Park, Leeds
Spire Methley Park is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Radiographer/Mammographer with an appropriate postgraduate Mammographic certification. The ideal candidate will be able to provide a professional, customer-focused service, with a commitment to the provision of high quality imaging.
Spire Methley Park Hospital is situated in beautiful, protected woodland grounds, close to the village of Methley in South Leeds. We provide expert medical care in our recently upgraded hospital, putting caring for our patients at the heart of what we do.
We are all about the right person in the right role, nurturing talent in a supportive setting, where teamwork and job satisfaction means everything.
Opportunities for personal development and advancement is supported and encouraged.
We are looking to recruit a valued team member who has:
- A Diploma or Degree in Radiography and is registered with the HCPC.
- A relevant, UK recognised postgraduate award or certificate of competence in Mammography
- Experience of providing image guidance in theatre and carrying out general X-ray imaging
- A willingness to participate in a flexible rota for evening and weekend duties plus on-call from home
- Strong communication skills and a good standard of IT skills.
- A caring nature with the ability to see each patient as an individual, and to carry out the role with understanding and empathy.
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Ideally, at least 2 years post qualification experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be an integral part of our Radiology team, working closely with patients, radiologists, consultants and staff in all departments at Spire Methley Park Hospital.
- You will be capable of and committed to delivering high quality mammographic and general imaging
- You will take responsibility for service provision to standardised procedures, and promote best practice at all times
- You will be part of a supportive team who takes pride in delivering excellent care.
- Participation in the one stop breast clinic and assisting with ultrasound guided interventions.
- Assess and justify referrals in accordance with radiation regulations, individual clinical indications and locally agreed protocols.
- Participate in the local Quality Assurance regime and assist with departmental audits
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues
- Undertake system tasks to ensure effective utilisation of radiology resources and service.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little on 07860407360 or email [ Link removed ]
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference; it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
- Hardworking And Dedicated