HRS are currently looking for a Senior Mass Spectometry Specialist - Gene Therapy to join a leading gene therapy company based in the Merseyside area. As the Senior Mass Spectometry Specialist - Gene Therapy, you will act as the Subject Matter Expert on Mass Spectrometry and you will be leading strategies for complex biologics and gene therapy products.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced MS / LCMS specialist who is looking for a senior position. This role will be partially lab based, partially office based.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Mass Spectometry Specialist - Gene Therapy will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will plan and review the biologics characterisation testing for new product development programmes. You will develop new Mass Spec methods and validate them according to ICH.
2. As the Senior Mass Spectometry Specialist - Gene Therapy, it will be your responsibility to write and review qualification, validation and transfer protocols and reports for Mass Spec assays in the analytical sciences department.
3. You will act as the Technical Lead on multiple projects. You will troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Mass Spec assays.
4. Your role will include writing proposals and supplying appropriate costs for approval in order to support the management of the departments expenditure.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Mass Spectometry Specialist - Gene Therapy we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Science subject (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Immunology, Molecular Biology, etc.). A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in a biotech / biopharmaceutical / CRO / CDMO environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with biomolecule developing Mass Spec assays. Strong experience with Water, Thermofisher or Sciex Mass Spectrometers (QQQ, Orbitrap, QToF).
Key Words: Pharmaceutical | Biopharmaceutical | Mass Spec | LCMS | LCMS/MS | Troubleshooting | Analytical | Biologics | Assay Development | Gene Therapy |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves