Senior Nurse – Eye Centre | No Nights | Award Winning CPD | Full Training offered | Worcester | Full Time or Part Time considered | £2000 joining bonus available*
Spire South Bank are offering the opportunity for an experienced Ophthalmic Nurse to join our specialist team. Working in a nurse-led clinic you will be supporting your team to deliver exemplary planned care for our patients whilst being fully supported to develop your own career, supported by our award winning CPD and encouraging team.
The Spire South Bank Eye Centre offers state of the art diagnostic, laser, medical and surgical treatments for many eye conditions. Work alongside consultants who are passionate about what they do and are recognised experts in their chosen specialised field, regularly performing complex eye procedures.
In November, Spire Healthcare was announced as winner of the’ Best Workplace for Learning and Development - Over 1,500 Nursing Staff category’ at the Nursing Times Workforce Summit & Awards 2021. The award recognised the introduction of a whole range of learning and development initiatives for clinical and non-clinical colleagues, including Spire’s new nurse apprenticeship programme.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will be working as part of a small, specialist ophthalmic team to provide exemplary planned care for our ophthalmic patients undertaking both clinics and surgeries for a wide variety of conditions.
- Leading by example as the senior nurse on shift
- Offering support to your team
- Assisting in the management and organisation of care provision
- You will be promoting best practise and contributing towards quality improvement
Who we're looking for:
You will be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge within ophthalmic nursing and use that knowledge to offer your team support.
- NMC Registered with no restrictions.
- Good understanding of ophthalmology
- Flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- Willing to work collaboratively and supportively
- The ability to plan and prioritise
- Competent in diagnostic equipment
- Concern for standards and patient safety
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Joining Bonus of up to £2,000 available, subject to T&C’s
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Alishia Okereafor on [ Link removed ] 07850735207
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Patient Safety
- Quality Management