Belmont Recruitment are currently in search of 3 x Band 6 Senior Nurse Practitioners (RMN) for a 3 month locum contract based in Wolverhampton within a Mental Health Liaison Service, which will most likely be extended. The roles are full time 37.5 per week. Full details as below:
The Mental Health Liaison Service is a Nurse led assessment team. There are 2 components to the service: the Single Point of Access based at Penn Hospital whereby the core operational hours are Monday – Friday 8am- 8pm and the Psychiatric Liaison Service based at New Cross Hospital which operates over a 24 hour period 7 days per week. The successful applicants will be expected to rotate across both components of the service and therefore will be required to undertake shift work including weekends and nights.
Whilst based at the Single Point of Access the Band 6 Registered Nurses will be expected to:
- Undertake first line face to face biopsychosocial assessments of individuals referred from Primary Care. The appropriate Personal Protective Equipment will be provided.
- Undertake the role of Duty Worker/ Shift Coordinator
- Triage referrals from a variety of agencies including GPs, Healthy Minds (IAPT) which may involve signposting to other services or arranging for an assessment to be conducted by the team.
Whilst based at the Psychiatric Liaison Service the Band 6 Registered Nurses will be expected to:
- Undertake first line face to face biopsychosocial assessments of individuals presenting to the Emergency Department or admitted to New Cross Hospital, West Park Hospital and Cannock Chase Hospital who have self-harmed or are presenting with acute mental health needs/distress. The appropriate Personal Protective Equipment will be provided.
- Offer time limited interventions for individuals with complex acute mental needs whilst they are inpatients within the Acute Hospital trust.
Applicants should be motivated, have the ability to self-manage, have good organisational skills and possess excellent biopsychosocial and risk assessment skills with an ability to formulate appropriate risk management plans and display high standards of documentation/record keeping.
An understanding of Risk Assessment/Formulation, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, DOLS, Safeguarding and an awareness of community resources is an advantage as is a good knowledge of the Trust computer systems which currently comprises of Rio.
A background of working within a Crisis Home Treatment Team or a Psychiatric Liaison Service/ Assessment Service would be an asset.
Applicants must be car drivers.
The pay rate for this locum role is between £21.00 - £24.00 per hour dependant on experience, however this is open for negotiation for someone with years of experience.
- Ongoing training
- Great development opportunities
- 24/7 Assistance
- Block Bookings Months in advance
- Free DBS Check
- Weekly payroll
- Free Mandatory Online Training Modules
- Uniform provided
- Dedicated consultant
These Band 6 Senior Nurse Practitioners roles are advertised by Stefan Thomas; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Public Health Acts