Job Title: Senior Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Central London (Vauxhall)
Salary: Up to £48,000 pro rata + excellent benefits package
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time - 16 hours a week, Thursdays and Fridays
Optima Health is a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments.
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
The Senior OHA role involves four main areas of responsibility that may be required in a specific role, whilst recognising that each specific role may be different depending on business needs and contractual arrangements with clients.
The four main areas of responsibility that may form a Senior OHA role are:
• Client engagement and service delivery in line with contract expectations
• Day to day leadership and direction of contract teams to deliver the client service effectively
• Audit activity as agreed with Clinical Performance Manager
• Ad hoc project activity
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Client engagement and service delivery in line with contract expectations
• Provide specialist occupational health advice and support to line managers and HR managers
• Preparation of occupational health policies, standards and procedures in liaison with Optima Health clinical governance
• Regular liaison with designated client personnel and presence at client meetings and events
• Prepare objectives and targets for measuring performance of occupational health service for direct reports, and provide mentoring, support and coaching to the client facing team
• Monitor referrals through collation, analysis and interpretation of health-related data e.g. sickness absence referrals
• Production of progress reports for the client and interpretation of client management information
• Peer audits
• Understand client processes and procedures
Day to day leadership and direction of contract teams to deliver the following client service effectively in line with contractual agreements:
• Review pre-placement health assessment questionnaires within agreed timescales and advise whether the applicant is suitably fit for employment, along with any recommended workplace adjustments. Where necessary obtain medical reports and arrange referral to an independent medical specialist
• Utilise local medical resources to support the service where relevant i.e. Occupational Health Physician, physiotherapist, osteopath ensuring that a high standard of service is provided within the agreed service level agreement
• Provide managers with occupational health advice on short and long term sickness absence cases, outlining in detail rehabilitation and redeployment options where appropriate
• Proactive case management of frequent, short term and long-term absences providing prompt intervention in instances of: work related, muscular-skeletal and psychological stress cases.
• In liaison with the Quality and Clinical Standards team ensure pathways and clinical protocols for managing frequently occurring conditions e.g. stress, muscular-skeletal symptoms are deployed consistently
• Where it has been identified perform health surveillance and fitness for work health screening
• Provide annual health promotion campaigns focussing on the client’s needs
• Where appropriate provide advice on health-related Health & Safety legislation including First Aid at Work and Display Screen Equipment implementing occupational health programmes when required
Audit activity as agreed with Clinical Performance Manager
• Carry out clinical audits to the required standard as part of a team plan, within Optima health’s quality and clinical standards governance framework
• Provide constructive feedback to individuals and their managers as part of the audit role
Ad hoc project activity as agreed with Clinical Performance Manager
• Within professional competency, carry out project work for clients including research and policy recommendations
• Deliver client facing or internal training
• Facilitate peer supervision and sharing of best practice
• Any other reasonable task commensurate with skills, experience and seniority as request by Clinical Performance Manager from time to time
Lead by example and be an inspirational role model for the Optima Health values – One Team, Take Responsibility, Deliver on our Promises, Professionalism and Excellence, Continually Learn and Develop
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
• Registered General Nurse with either: a qualification in Occupational Health Nursing or significant experience in an Occupational Health Advisor role.
• Occupational health experience in a blue-light, police or trauma environment would be beneficial
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to influence and gain the support of line managers, HR Managers and employees throughout client organisations
• Good organisational skills both to manage own workload and the workflow within the OH team and provider organisation
• Problem solving skills to devise workable solutions to the occupational health issues identified.
• Specific refined skills in case management
• Excellent IT Skills
What Can We Offer You?
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Plenty of career progression opportunities
• Extensive induction with ongoing mentoring and support from some of the top Occupational Health professionals in the industry
• 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
• Fantastic pension scheme
• Eye care test vouchers
• Flu jabs
• Reward Scheme
• Car discount scheme
• Buy and sell holiday scheme
• Life assurance
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation