I am looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist / Specialist Occupational Therapist to:
• Participate in systematic clinical governance and to offer clinical supervision to assistant, trainee or more junior Occupational Therapists and other staff.
• Utilise research skills for audit, service development and research within the area served by the team / service.
• Work as a member of the clinical service / team, providing a high quality, occupational therapy service to patients, their families or carers.
Scope and Authority
• To provide a patient centred occupational therapy service.
• To work as an autonomous practitioner in managing a complex clinical caseload by applying knowledge and skills to the assessment of the need of patients. From the assessment, to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan designed to reduce the impact of disability and ill health.
• To manage a defined caseload of complex cases independently, evidencing problem solving and clinical reasoning skills in line with evidence based / patient centred principles.
• To provide supervision, teaching and appraisal for junior occupational therapists, assistants, students and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
• To contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy Service.
• To work in support of and deputise for the Head of Service.
• To deputise for the Lead Occupational Therapist as appropriate.
• To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own professional activities.
• To adhere to and apply the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for Occupational Therapists (College of Occupational Therapists 2000).
• To independently manage a caseload.
• To use skills in providing occupational therapy assessments and interventions in various settings (e.g. the clients home, workplace, community).
• To work closely with patients and their family / carers to encourage participation in the therapeutic process.
• To develop occupational therapy treatment programmes in collaboration with patients, carers and other involved professional (e.g. occupational therapy assistants, support workers) to be carried out as appropriate.
• To plan coordinate and deliver patient centred individual and / or group interventions, using the principles of graded activity and a wide range of treatment techniques and approaches.
• To coordinate intervention to be carried out in conjunction with others, such as carers and to train them to carry out therapeutic programmes and thus ensure effectiveness of intervention.
• To provide advice on lifestyles, roles, functional abilities, self-care and the physical environment after taking account of the effects of the medical condition on the individual and their family / carers.
• To provide verbal and written information to other multi-disciplinary professionals regarding the occupational therapy assessment, management and treatment of patients.
• Ensure the provision of appropriate supervision and support to members of the team
• Participating in clinical audit, clinical risk and quality issues, including the management and reporting of incidents
• Deputise for the manager as and when required
• To support Manager and the recruitment process
Communication and Relationship Skills
• Provide a high level of Communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Participates in discussions within a variety of settings, offering views, ideas and opinions.
• Participate in the process of positively supporting and inspiring colleagues within the service to improve standards and quality and to develop professional practice.
• Effectively communicate all relevant issues pertaining to care.
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
• 2 week's paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Don't keep a good thing to yourself : Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Senior Occupational Therapist vacancy, please call Jake on [Click here to apply]
quoting reference JHW8038 or email your CV to [Click here to apply]
Key Words: Occupational Therapist,