Senior Operating Department Practitioner | Theatre Department | Band 6 Equivalent | Redbridge | Full Time, No Nights.
Spire London East Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Operating Department Practitioner / ODP, to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Spire London East Hospital is located in Redbridge, on the borders of East London and Essex. The hospital offer comprehensive private hospital services, ranging from outpatient clinics and physiotherapy to surgery and diagnostic tests in a relaxed, clean and comfortable environment. The department has four theatres; three with laminar flow, and one integrated theatre, a JAG accredited endoscopy unit, six bay recovery unit and an onsite SSD.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
- You will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload and develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
Who we're looking for:
- Ideally you will be a Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner with Anaesthetic, Scrub and recovery experience and be used to working in teams with minimum supervision. Competent across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through a practitioner qualification, additional training is also desirable.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience working within Theatre department.
- ALS certification would be desirable.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jodie Walsh on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Patient Health Questionnaires
Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified