Opportunity for an experienced PCR scientist to join a leading international laboratory in the analysis of SARs-CoV-2 RNA by RT-qPCR!
* Provide scientific expertise throughout the PCR process
* Review PCR results and approve/troubleshoot as necessary
* Reporting of results through LIMS
* Providing guidance and training to junior colleagues
* Process samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies
* Sample lysis within a CL2 laboratory environment
* Automated extraction and purification of RNA
* Point of contact for internal and external suppliers
Technical Skill required:
* Strong knowledge of PCR technology- specifically experience in qPCR
* Ability to troubleshoot issues with hardware, software and associated reagents
* Advanced understanding of nucleic acid purification, extraction and analysis
* Advanced knowledge of excel for data analysis
* Knowledge of instrument integration with IT
Apply now to VRS to be considered for this vital role!
NB: this role requires shift-work, for which the salary offered incorporates a shift allowance.
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance will be required for this role therefore you will have had to live in the UK for the last three years.
Key Words: Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool, North West, COVID, PCR, qPCR, RNA, scientist, VRS6830EB
Follow VRS Recruitment on LinkedIn to view all our latest vacancies!
Please note that by submitting your application to VRS Ltd your details will be registered with us so that we can contact you about suitable job opportunities now and in future. You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing us directly via our website
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing