Senior Physiotherapist - in AICU
South West London
South West London
Senior Physiotherapist - AICU
Cromwell Hospital London
Permanent - Starting in February 2020
Competitive depending on experience
Brand new AICU unit is opening at Bupa Cromwell hospital in February 2020
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
You will provide a client centred and evidence-based service to adult patients referred from AICU. You may be required to care for patients on other wards such as Cardiac, Oncology and the general medical wards
Your case load will mostly consist of patients referred due to respiratory conditions or for management during their admission for thoracic abdominal and transplant surgery.
What's a typical day?
As a highly skilled physiotherapist you will undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner. You will lead the physiotherapy provision to AICU.
This post provides assessment, treatment and discharge planning to a caseload of adults with varied and often complex needs.
You will be responsible for the physiotherapy service to AICU.
You will participate in the on-call system.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for someone who holds a degree physiotherapy and is HPC registered and holds a CSP membership with proven experience in the field of cardio-thoracic physiotherapy.
Someone with on call experience and sound clinical reasoning skills and experience in providing appropriate respiratory aids with good knowledge of health and safety issues in a therapy setting.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong organisational skills who is able to work under their own initiative and work to deadlines.
* Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework [Click here to apply]
- website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
* CPD calendar and webinars
* Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
* Clinical Leadership development programmes
* Practical support with the revalidation process
* Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
Bupa Health insurance
* 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years' service
* Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
* You're paid for all Bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Annual pay review
* Discounts on Bupa products
* Discounted gym membership
* Subsidised staff restaurant
* Free health assessment
* Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
* Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
* Dry cleaning discounts
* Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
* Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
* Bupa Boost app
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle2work scheme
* Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
* Paid career breaks
What's it like to work here?
As you'll already know, we want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com
Job Posting End Date
21 Aug 2019