Oncology Physiotherapist (band 7 equivalent)
London - KensingtonPermanent - 37.5 hours pwA bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. About the area you'll be working in
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.What you'll be doing
As a highly skilled physiotherapist, you will be able to undertake all aspects of your clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner. You will provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to adult oncology in- and outpatients, as well as gynaelogical surgery referrals. You will receive referrals from the wards, outpatient consultant and GP clinics as well as via external routes. This post provides assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients with oncological needs and also gynaelogical surgery and includes pre-admission and pre-operative assessment, post-operative intervention and appropriate recovery programmes. Although this position is responsible for oncology, it is part of a wider team including neurology and cardiorespiratory and you will provide support to each other as possible and as needed.What's a typical day?
Who we're looking for?
- Be responsible for the operational management of the Oncological Physiotherapy service.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- To provide appropriate information, education and support for your client group and their carers.
- To obtain informed, valid consent on an ongoing basis which endeavours to keep patients involved in their own health care plan.
- To participate in discharge planning and liaise with external agencies in order to ensure a discharge that is safe and supportive of the patient's ongoing care and rehabilitation needs. This could include home assessments within our catchment area.
- To establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
What's it like to work here?
- Degree/diploma in physiotherapy
- HPC Registration
- CSP Membership
- Proven experience and interest as an oncological physiotherapist
- Evidence of CPD specific to oncology
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best. We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. If you'd like to learn more, please visit www.bupa.com