Senior Pre-Assessment Nurse
A Senior Pre-Assessment Nurse is required for a treatment centre in Bristol rated 'Good' by the CQC. Our client offers state of the art operating facilities and provides day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology and urology. In addition, they provide diagnostic services using the latest technology.
In this role, you will be expected to support the team Manager and Lead Nurse in the continued development of the Outpatient and Pre-assessment service in the centre. You will also deputise for the Lead Nurse when required.
- Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery, thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
- Working in partnership with the Outpatient Lead and Clinical Heads of Department in ensuring that the patients' admission is appropriate based on diagnosis and that the scheduling of patients is efficient and effective, ensuring a highly effective fast track service for day care and inpatient cases
- Ensuring prompt action to resolve the concerns of patients and their families
- Supporting the Outpatient Lead by being visible and accessible to patients, relatives and clinical staff and offering assistance, advice and support as required.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Substantial experience at band 5 or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
- Have taken an active role in promoting, developing and sustaining quality service delivery
- The ability to demonstrate evidence based practice
- Experience of service development in a clinical area
- Orthopaedic/Ophthalmic experience
- NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your most up to date CV to Caroline at Eclypse Recruitment.