Our story is both inspiring and remarkable, it is one of growth and success amid some extraordinary circumstances.
This is the story of Gama Healthcare.
Born from two curious medical doctors who challenged the status quo and led them to develop today's innovative range of infection prevention products for both hospitals and consumers. Wipes and hand sanitising gels could hardly be more topical at the moment, just two of the products from our innovative range.
From humble beginnings to becoming the largest supplier of wipes to the NHS is quite some feat. We’ve all seen the stories of “super-bugs”, MRSA and microbial resistance. Add into the mix the devastating effects on people’s lives of Coronavirus and you can understand why we are passionate about what we do.
We are recruiting a Senior Product Development Microbiologist for our Science & Innovation team based in Halifax. The role is for a product development microbiologist for medical devices and biocides with emphasis on ensuring a high standard of documentation such as protocols and report writing, adhering to our Quality Management System as well as some lab testing.
Good collaboration is needed across teams to ensure we continue to build and implement best-in-class processes and systems for GAMA as we continue to grow.
What will you do?
• Provide sound microbiological input to the projects within the Science and Innovation team based in Halifax
• Focus on pipeline drive and delivery at all project stage gates
• Conduct product development activities for pipeline projects which may include aspects of operations/manufacturing bioburden testing and environmental monitoring for technical transfer projects.
• Conduct other microbiology testing as required e.g. disinfectant suspension tests
• Escalate issues appropriately to the Microbiology Team Leader
• Ensure that up-to-date and accurate scientific project records are maintained
• Liaise and collaborate with external partners and suppliers as required
• Deputise for Microbiology Team Leader as appropriate
What will you need?
• A BSc, or equivalent experience in microbiology is necessary for this role.
• Experience in microbiology aspects of medical device new product development and an understanding of operations/manufacturing environmental monitoring of production areas.
• Knowledge and experience of working to relevant regulations and standards relating to microbiology testing and efficacy of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biocides and cosmetics. This needs to include ISO 13485.
• Prior experience of working in the pharmaceutical and/or disinfection field would also be advantageous.
• Writing and conducting validation protocols/reports
• Working as part of multi-functional teams to deliver on milestones on time and to budget.
• Collaborative working style and a “can-do” attitude.
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
What will you get?
• A competitive salary up to £50K base
• Commitment to your personal and professional development
• Annual performance related bonus
• 25 days holiday (plus statutory)
• A competitive pension scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Health Cashback plan for money back on dentists, opticians, etc