Lewis Bryce, Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant at STEM Recruitment is working with our client, an ambitious, exciting and fast-growing medical device diagnostic company supporting the fight against Covid-19. The role will be to provide technical expertise and drive product improvement within the department. Co-ordinate the activities of the team to achieve manufacturing testing targets and quality standards. An ultimately deliver diagnostic tests to identify individuals with the virus and protect others. This client’s approach to work life balance allows talented individuals to fulfil their career in science whilst enjoying an unprecedent work life balance. Their staff only work 2 or 3 days per week and enjoy a full-time salary.
The main duties of the role:
* Carry out and provide technical support for testing of reagents and components.
* Champion continual improvement within the department and share ideas with colleagues.
* Actively seeks new ideas and stimulates innovation and problem solving within the department.
* Lead the technical training and development of new and existing QC Technicians.
* Champion Quality culture, good practice and positive behaviours within the department to ensure all activities comply with company quality policies
* Lead by example and demonstrate consistent, good HR practice and people management.
* Motivate team to achieve potential by supporting their development and assist with technical development of the team.
* Take part in PDR’s, regular 1:1’s and structured training and development
* Carry out all duties and responsibilities to the company standard within the timescales agreed
* Maintain compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Maintain compliance with QMS policies and procedures
* Perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
* Customer Focus: customer satisfaction is not a department, everyone is responsible; listening to customers drives improvement
* Accountability: ask “what more can I do?”; takes ownership
* Collaboration: actively support your colleagues; be clear in communication; celebrate success and have fun together
* Respect: treat others as we would wish to be treated; respect the environment we work and live in
* Honesty: aspire to be open and transparent; take pride in building trust between ourselves and others
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in a science discipline, have worked previously in a regulated scientific laboratory environment and have performed QC or routine testing previously. A strong team player, with excellent communication and PC Skills is essential.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this post, please apply online with your CV as a word document.
STEM Recruitment is acting as a business agency in this instance.
We endeavour to reply to all applications when possible
Product Quality Assurance