OX14, Sutton Wick, Oxfordshire
£35,000 - £45,000 / year
NHS Band 7
Role: Senior Quality Control Scientist
Reporting to: Quality Operations Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits include: Starting holiday allowance (25 days plus bank holidays), Share the value bonus, private pension scheme, option to buy/sell holidays, private health & life insurance.
My client are a leading and dynamic medical diagnostics organisation. As part of their continued growth strategy, they are looking to appoint a Senior Quality Control Scientist.
As a key team member within the Quality team you will be involved in quality control of raw materials and final products as well as supervising other members of the quality team including Quality Technicians and Scientists. Your responsibilities will extend to conducting stability and validation studies and general administration in line with the Quality Management System (QMS). Additionally you will plan and execute project lab work and cell cultures that are required to support these studies.
* Work closely with the Quality Operations Manager to test raw materials used for manufacturing and Quality Control (QC).
* QC of incoming CofA/Packaging and lab testing of manufacturing components.
* Perform QC testing of final manufactured products and assembled kits.
* Planning, recording and archiving of test procedures using company specific ELISPOT Assay.
* Full responsibility of complaint testing.
* Attend project meetings and conduct risk assessments.
* Assistant with the monitoring of complaint with the QMS in line with ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 17025:2017 and MDSAP.
* Assist with external audits when required.
* Support with any additional QA functions.
* Plan and execute the cell culture of polyclonal cell lines using aseptic techniques.
* Ensure compliant in the manufacturing process and documentation as well as GMP.
* Degree in in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Immunology, Biology or with relevant experience in a similar quality setting.
* Experience of ISO 13485, GLM & GLP and other Quality Management principles.
* It would be advantageous to have supervisory or line management experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside leading Scientists, Senior Management, Researchers and other pioneers within the Diagnostic industry. To apply for this fantastic opportunity please send across an up to date CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
Champion Technical a trading division of the registered company Champion Employment Limited, acting as an Employment Agency