Full Time (Part Time Considered)
Salary up to £32000
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Diagnostics Radiographer, to join our fantastic team supporting our centres in Portsmouth, Havant and Southampton. You can look forward to real autonomy and responsibility, as well as the chance to rotate across all diagnostic centres. You will be required to work within a busy X-ray service and be someone who enjoys working independently and also as part of a small friendly team. This role will suit a confident person with excellent communication skills used to liaising directly with Consultants, GPs and other health professionals.
This is a great opportunity for a reliable, enthusiastic Radiographer who wants to consolidate their skills whilst preparing for the next stage of their Radiography career. Within our Private Hospitals you will get the opportunity to understand and take responsibility for the running of the department.
- In particular you will be justifying and undertaking examinations, in addition to checking Radiologist reports and utilising and developing your image interpretation skills.
- You will be given direct responsibility for an area of department management i.e. audit, RPS, policy administration
- You will also be involved in helping to maintain standards and accumulating evidence for all areas of the x-ray service from basic IRMER adherence to CQC and CCG monitoring.
- You will be expected to produce a high standard of professional radiographic practice at all times, maintaining a level of professional accountability in accordance with the SOR / COR statements of professional conduct, whilst undertaking all radiographic duties performed within the scope of practice of the appointed role.
- Opportunity for role extension to include patient discharge direct from x-ray with associated aftercare instructions.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have post-graduate radiography experience
- Have a broad range of competencies matched to job description
- Maintain a high standard of professional practice being competent to provide a broad range of radiographic techniques for examinations which are included within the scope of practice of the role
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for safe clinical practice and an understanding of the responsibilities of adhering to Ionising Radiation legislation e.g. IRMER 2017 and IRR 2017
- Have skills associated with review and assessment of diagnostic images, highlighting any abnormalities that maybe present
- Have an ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment.
- BSc (Hons) degree in Diagnostic Radiography or DCR(R) qualification with HCPC registration
If you are looking for a progressive role with increased responsibility and an opportunity to really refine your skills then this is the job for you. We can offer excellent working conditions including a competitive salary, a 4 day week, rolling rota with no night shifts and the chance to really develop your Radiography career. We will also consider job share. Care UK will provide you with all this and you will be a valued member of the team who truly has the opportunity to make a difference. Reporting to the Diagnostic Imaging Manager,
Pension scheme and other benefits including shopping discounts will be a part of your package. As well as excellent CPD and progression programmes.
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to [Click here to apply] or call [Click here to apply].