Senior Radiographer | General Imaging | Band 6 – Dependent on experience | Harpenden, St Albans | Training and development opportunities available
The Spire Harpenden Hospital is recruiting for a skilled and experienced Senior General Radiographer to join their friendly team. The Radiology team plays a vital role in providing excellent patient outcomes. The successful applicant will be rewarded with advancement opportunities and an interesting and varied role.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You’ll work collaboratively to deliver a high quality, professional radiographic service that adapts in line with new technologies and clinical developments
- Make sound considered judgements and informed decisions on the imaging required and then provide highly skilled and specialised imaging for patients
- Team working is a big part of this role, so successful working relationships with our Nurses, Physiotherapists and expert Consultants will be a defining factor in delivering the outstanding patient care we are proud of
- Participate in audit, hospital wide focus groups and IRMER QA programmes.
- In this role you will find you can quickly build your clinical knowledge by working closely with fellow clinicians and some of the best regional consultants
- Play your part in delivering clinical leadership and education to the team
Who we're looking for:
- Degree/equivalent in Radiography
- Current Registration with HCPC with no restriction on practise
- Good understanding of the IRMER regulation
- Experience of working in Theatre, X-ray, plain film imaging and fluoroscopy
- Experience in CT would be advantageous
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
Product Quality Assurance