We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Research Project Manager to join one of London’s leading Universities. If you have previous experience gained within a Higher Education institute in a similar post, we’d love to hear from you!
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager will have overall administrative responsibility for both projects and staff. She/he will work with the Principal Investigator and Management Committee at the strategic level to ensure both projects reach their objectives and expected impacts.
The post will include liaison with UK and overseas support beneficiaries, clinical trial partners, sub-contractors, the sponsor and the funder. The major tasks and responsibilities of the post are in the areas of management strategy; internal communications; project monitoring and reporting; financial management; administrative management; contractual management; committee management; human resources management; liaison; personnel management; and internal information systems.
The successful candidate will line manage two full-time Assistant Project Managers, who will take day to day responsibility for financial administration.
* Develop, maintain, track progress and report against the project plan that incorporates the objectives, activities, responsible parties, dates, and key milestones of the various project teams and stakeholders.
* Develop a Risk Management Strategy to identify and manage potential risks for the project.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clinical trial partners overseas.
* Monitor the progress of the project in terms of deliverables, milestones etc. using dedicated project management tools.
* Take responsibility for the strategic management and control of all budgets (approximately €58 million) held by the project and ensure all procedures are in line with regulations, liaising with the School’s Research Operations and Finance Offices.
* Ensure that robust systems are in place to control all project budgets
* Ensure appropriate allocation of project funds
* Responsible for drafting, re-profiling and updating project budgets and preparing budget statements, working closely with the Financial Manager
* Prepare summaries of project finances.
* Proactive and innovative development and establishment of systems, procedures and tools to manage the complexity of a high-value, high-profile grant.
* Advise of potential operational and strategic problems, offer sound solutions and assist in implementing the resultant decisions.
* Oversee project procurement and shipping to ensure value for money and compliance is achieved in the procurement of goods and services.
* Establish and maintain address books including an extensive index of mailing lists and contact details for over 100 addressees.
* Responsible for the review, negotiations and administration of agreements including Grant Agreements, Consortium Advisory Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding, Clinical Trial Agreements, Term Sheets and consultancies, in liaison with the Research Operations Office.
* Significant proven experience of management in an academic, non-governmental organisation or a business with a substantial turnover.
* Significant financial management experience including preparing, reprofiling and monitoring budgets.
* Significant proven experience of grant management and reporting to funders.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
* Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate effectively.
* Advanced working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, Management Information Systems and software relevant to grant management.
* Extensive experience of providing effective leadership in a multi-disciplinary team incorporating finance, administration, human resources and procurement.
* Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team.
* Experience of engagement with stakeholders.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Management Information Systems