Our client, a world leading institute working towards challenges in oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease drug discovery, are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to manage in vivo studies and support the Study Director team for oncology studies.
* PhD, MSc or BSc in life science or a related discipline with proven experience in drug discovery or translation research
* Hold Home Office Licence modules 1-4
* Small animal surgical inoculation experience
* Experience with in vivo oncology models
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Prior experience in holding a project licence is desirable
* Full driving licence and own transport is essential due to client location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Independently design and execute preclinical studies both internally and through external partners and interpret the results of these studies
* Perform technical procedures including dosing and surgical techniques
* Provide input strategy and direction of oncology projects and deliver projects in a customer focused environment
* Provide leadership, support and ongoing development to junior staff
* Support the Study Director team and manage a small number of projects if needed
* Contribute to and manage streamlining of processes to ensure efficiency
* Investigate non-conformances and implementing remedial actions
* Assist with the management and expansion of the company’s project licences and ensure that the in vivo lab operates within all relevant regulations
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Oncology - Loughborough) .