Senior Research Scientist - ADME
My client, a global drug discovery organisation, are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join them on their Metabolism team to conduct and/or manage Metabolism clinical and non-clinical metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
The responsibilities of the Senior Research Scientist are:
• Study Direct appropriate projects (with mentoring from a senior colleague).
• Assist in the development of new analytical procedures/study types taking responsibility for the supervision and completion of more complex/new studies and a greater number of studies.
• Perform equipment validation, software validation and management; SOP ownership.
• Prepare study reports, amendments, file notes and deviations as required.
• Prepare dose theory calculations
• Supervise, mentor and/or train more junior members of staff, in laboratory procedures and study conduct.
• Review data obtained and prepare study updates and study data for discussion internally and for communication to the client/inclusion into reports.
• Calculate and QC check data for review
• Prepare experimental worksheets
• Prepare study updates and study data for communication to the client
The ideal candidate for the Senior Research Scientist will need to have:
• A PhD, MSc or BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, Biochemistry , Biomedical Sciences or related subject
• Proficiency in analytical techniques (HPLC/TLC/LC-MS)
• Understanding of Metabolism studies and the drug/agrochemical development process
• Previous experience of working in analytical, biochemistry or similar laboratory
• Experience of performing in vitro/in vivo dermal penetration and/or large molecule ADME studies preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Public Transport is scarce in this area, so having your own transport is preferable.
Keywords: Metabolism, ADME, HPLC, GLP, chromatography
Coaching And Mentoring