Halliwell Homes are looking for a Senior Residential Support Worker to join our team based in Stoke. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we will offer a competitive salary of £23,934 - £26,855 per annum (dependant on qualifications).
Who are Halliwell?
Halliwell Homes is a social enterprise offering clinically informed practice. Our objective is to improve the psychological health and wellbeing of looked-after children.
Halliwell operates the Restorative Parenting Programme which focuses on therapeutically addressing the emotional, behavioural, social, and developmental needs of children in our care. Our Restorative Parenting approach sets us apart from standard residential childcare providers in that it is clinically informed in every aspect of the child’s lived therapeutic experience with the aim of helping traumatised children achieve recovery and psychological wellbeing. The RP Programme seeks to deliver recovery to the child within a time-limited period (24 months) achieving measurable improvement that enables children to achieve their local authority care plan (most commonly to move to sustainable long-term fostering or kinship placements).
Benefits of joining us as our Senior Residential Support Worker:
- Perkbox Employee Benefits Scheme
- Continuous learning and the opportunity to progress further within the company
- Workplace pension
- Free access to the staff counselling service
About the Senior Residential Support Worker role
Delivering an innovative, bespoke and unique model designed to help children recover from trauma, our Restorative Parenting Recovery Programme will allow you to apply your skills, knowledge and experience to focus on addressing the emotional, behavioural, social and development needs of a child.
You will lead and plan shifts ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times, as well as provide a therapeutic, safe, healthy and homely environment that allows the children to thrive and develop. The post holder will also liaise with both the clinical and education teams to provide tailored psychological recovery programmes for each child.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a dynamic, expanding and vibrant organisation who are committed to delivering a therapeutic programme that transforms children’s lives.
Skills and experience required by our Senior Residential Support Worker:
- Ideally, a graduate with a relevant degree (e.g. Psychology/Educational Psychology)
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Previous experience in shift leading in children’s residential care settings
- Knowledge and skills in previous role or work to support young people with challenging behaviour, psychological trauma and health needs
- A willingness to undertake studying to a minimum of a level 5 qualification (Halliwell would support study up to postgraduate level)
- GCSE Maths and English C or above or equivalent
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to work varying shifts patterns based on a rolling rota
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Senior Residential Support Worker, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
General Certificate Of Secondary Education