We are seeking a Senior Rubber Technologist to work for a global manufacturer of compression moulded Rubber products.Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Assist the production improvement and efficiency initiatives
• Compound developments to meet customer and international standards, as required
• Compound developments for specific customer requirements
• Assist customer base with applications advice and failure analysis
• Support the commercial function in securing new business / new product developments.
• Degree level qualification in polymer technology.
• A robust personality with a number of years of relevant experience in an industrial environment.
• Good laboratory skills and familiarity with analytical equipment including a TGA and FTIR.
• An understanding of all relevant ISO test methods is a ‘given’, however the candidate will need to be ‘beyond’ just a laboratory experience.
• Able to lead projects from conception to a positive outcome and an ability to work autonomously. Examples of the types of improvement projects the client would like a successful candidate to manage would be the development of higher temperature resistant EPDMs, a review of incoming materials and product testing regimes generally and the refinement and improve of the internal compounding facility.
• At least 5yrs experience in designing materials, applications advise and failure analysis within the rubber industry. Specific experience in the plate heat exchanger sector would be a benefit, but not essential.
key words: polymer scientist polymer engineer rubber scientist rubber engineer polymer development scientist polymer development technologist polymer development engineer polymer chemist polymer chemistry polymer scientist rubber research scientist rubber research chemist