CK Group are working in partnership with Avacta to recruit a highly self-motivated Senior Scientist with Cell Line development expertise, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Avacta is developing Affimer ® bio-therapeutics to meet the growing demand for the next generation of drugs that will compete with monoclonal antibodies and other antibody mimetics, primarily in oncology. The Affimer technology is a novel protein scaffold based on the human protease inhibitor Stefin A. Key benefits of the Affimer technology are its small size, ease of formatting, high expression yields (even of large multimeric structures) and stability. Avacta are also developing a range of novel FAP-a activated pro-drug chemotherapeutics (pre|CISION ™ and TMAC™) that can be used as mono- or as combination therapies for the treatment of a wide range of cancers. Our first drug AVA6000, has recently being approved for clinical trials.
Avacta are conveniently in Cambridge, near Whittlesford Parkway station in state-of-the-art laboratories, offering an exciting and innovative environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development Role:
- Support the Assay and Biology groups to identify the potent Affirmer and support advance novel immunotherapy drug candidates based on the Affimer platform.
- Generation and characterisation of engineered cell lines to support Affimer screening and characterisation against specific targets
- Design, plan and perform complex novel immunology screening assays with minimal support and supervision
- Analyse and interpret experimental data
- Work collaboratively and communicate across multidisciplinary teams to successfully support and deliver projects on or ahead of time
- Industry experience after PhD (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of working in a biotech/pharmaceutical industrial setting
- Broad knowledge of various immune cell types
- Experience in cell line engineering using various techniques such as molecular biology
- Experience in working with MSCs and T-cells
- Experienced in techniques used to QC the cell lines (western Blot, ELISA, immunoprecipitation)
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell sorter fluorescent microscopy for cell line characterisation
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 49981.
Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Elisa)