My Client, an exciting Molecular Diagnostics firm in Cambridge are currently looking to expand it's Protein Sciences team following recent funding and as such is looking for a Scientist / Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist to come on board in the coming months.
* Design, clone, express and characterise DNA modification enzymes.
* Advance and optimise on multiple platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells.
* Develop and execute biochemical assays for the characterisation of enzymes.
* Work cross-functionally with other research groups, including discovery, bioinformatics and assay development.
* Apply information obtained from internal and external partners including academic collaborators to develop and optimise enzymes and assays.
* Work collaboratively to obtain protocols, tools and reagents needed to execute experiments.
* Contribute to the preparation of technical documents, project report summaries, laboratory protocols, and other regulatory documents.
* A PhD degree in biochemistry or structural biology
* A minimum of 2 years of industrial or postdoc experience with experience in protein expression optimisation.
* Experience in multiple protein expression platform technologies e.g. mammalian cell expression, bacterial, yeast and insect cells.
* Experience with developing enzyme assays, especially with those that act on nucleic acids