Senior Scientist - Support Specialist Team Leader – Oxfordshire - £45,000
Role: Senior Scientist - Support Specialist Team leader
Reporting to: Scientific Support Manager
Salary range: £45,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, annual salary reviews
Are you a Research Scientist or lab based Scientist looking to move into a more consultancy-based role?
Would you like to use your technical scientific knowledge to offer advice to some of the most prestigious research organisations?
If you want to move into a more consultancy-based role and develop your stakeholder management skills further this would be excellent opportunity!
A Leading R&D Biotechnology organisation with heavy investments into cutting- edge research are looking to appoint a Senior Scientist - Support Specialist Team leader
My client provides tools for leading researchers in life sciences and clinical diagnostics with a global market presence for its excellence, spanning over 3 decades.
You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and supporting a team of scientists within the Technical Support Department to ensure excellent service delivery are achieved across all product ranges.
* Work closely with senior management and Sales Managers across all EMEA customer base to forecast resource requirements and allocation work streams accordingly across your teams.
* Setting key strategic goals and objectives to be achieved by your team.
* Produce monthly and quarterly management reports.
* Provide product training and support.
* Conduct one to one reviews and appraisals of staff.
* Train and develop employees as well as monitor their training and development plans.
* Manage the process of customer satisfaction reviews and assess continuous improvement plans.
* Act as a Scientific specialist for the sales team, providing guidance, mentoring and support.
* PhD in a Life Science (Preferable Immunology/Molecular Biology) or B.Sc. and 5+ years laboratory experience.
* Significant laboratory experience, including at least 2 of the following Western Blots techniques: Flow, IHC, ELISA, FACS, IHC, ICC, Luminex.
* Experience in ISH and/or molecular biology techniques are essential for this role.
* It would be advantageous to have In Situ Hybridisation (ISH/Fish) experience.
* Management/supervisor experience is essential as you will be managing and mentoring other Scientists.
* Leadership qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
* Fluent written and spoken English, essential.
* Additional European language (German, French, Spanish, Italian), beneficial but not essential.
* Good telephone manner.
* Possess excellent IT skills; including experience of working with databases (i.e. Salesforce or similar CRM), Office Outlook, using Excel and Word are essential
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that heavily invests in R&D. To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send across an updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
Champion Technical a trading division of the registered company Champion Employment Limited, acting as an Employment Agency