Walker Cole International is searching for a Senior Scientist (Upstream Processing) to join a Bio-pharmaceutical company based in Essex. As the Senior Scientist (Upstream Processing), you will lead the development/technical transfer of complex manufacturing processes through pilot stage to achieve a commercial GMP manufacturing process.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Execution of MSAT laboratory studies in the Upstream Cell Culture Lab in support of cGMP activities at manufacturing scale
* Develop/Evaluate new technologies or successfully transfer existing manufacturing technologies into Upstream Processing (USP) cGMP biologics manufacturing from development through MSAT pilot scale facilities.
* Support the introduction of qualification of new process technologies into cGMP manufacturing, whilst also managing technical risks associated with process transfer.
* Provide on plant technical support, process monitoring and data analysis using experience to anticipate issues before they become critical.
The successful candidate:
* MSc/PhD in science related disciplines
* Significant experience with large scale manufacturing support, gained working to cGMP guidelines
* Mammalian and/or microbial background for drug substance processing
* Working experience of cell biology, cell culture, scale up and mass transfer, bioreactor operation, disc stack centrifugation, filtration, and statistical data analysis
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Mobile Satellite (Msat)
Program Process Monitoring