Senior Scientist – Immunology
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Contract – 6 months with possibility to extend.
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Discovery Sciences Team as a Senior Scientist within Immunology. If you are looking to work on exciting drug discovery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Please note that this is a 6 month fixed term contract, with potential to extend. This is a role for individuals who have several years’ experience in Immunology and cell biology, either as a PhD, or a BSc / MSc and some experience in industry. It is also open to those who have some post-doc experience, or those who have a degree and significant industry experience within immunology. As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for the advancement of novel and exciting drug target identification projects for an external client. You will draw on your extensive knowledge of immunology, cell biology and molecular biology. You will work in a collaborative environment, providing intricate data to improve drug discovery programmes.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
* A PhD or Master’s – Focused around cell biology or immunology.
* Significant flow cytometry experience is essential.
* Experience in monocyte, macrophage and lymphocyte handling + assays.
* Strong understanding and background of molecular and cellular biology.
* Significant experience in running of ELISA, cell-based assays, western blotting
* Significant experience of PCR, RNA/DNA isolation, RT-qPCR etc.
* A strong ability to problem-solve and take the lead on projects when needed.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a full-time basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package
Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions
Polymerase Chain Reaction