Laboratory Solutions are partnered with an established Antibody engineering company on the Cambridge and Essex border. They are looking to hire a permanent Senior Scientist, great time to join this expanding company, who have signed some interesting colloborations!
WHO YOU ARE
You have a PhD in Life Science or a related field, with more than 5 years antibody discovery and optimisation experience in the CRO, Biotech or Biopharmaceutical industry.
You are an enthusiastic, self-motivated scientist experienced in leading commercial research projects. You have good organisational skills, can balance resource across multiple projects simultaneously and have a track record of effectively managing your own work and that of others, prioritising projects to meet deadlines.
You will be experienced in project and financial management to deliver projects on-time and within budget, managing the execution of work plans and in the professional presentation of research outcomes via written reports and oral presentations.
You set high standards for yourself and your team, which is evidenced by technical and project-based achievements throughout your CV, which may include progress of programmes you have worked on into pre-clinical or clinical development, peer-reviewed publications, or the receipt of grants, awards and promotions, etc.
You feel accountable for reaching set goals and communicate promptly and clearly on progress towards these goals to your team, supervisors and partners.
You have prior experience in line management and staff training/coaching. You know how to instil a sense of urgency and accountability, yet at the same time create a trusting environment where individuals feel valued and supported.
You help to ensure a safe and efficient working environment for yourself and your colleagues, through knowledge of and adherence to company policies and health and safety guidelines.
Leading a team of scientists, you will work both independently and collaboratively to deliver on therapeutic projects. Your time will be split between conducting research in the laboratory and office-based planning, management and reporting on programmes.
You will communicate work plans to your direct reports and supervise the execution and reporting on these plans. You will provide appropriate guidance to less experienced staff – from hands-on help in the laboratory through to coaching more experienced members of the team.
You will be responsible for collating and reviewing research outputs from your team, and for the preparation and presentation of detailed reports for partners. You will be involved in telephone and face to face meetings with external partners and will be responsible for articulating research reports and co-developing research strategies.
You can independently identify issues, should they arise, and pro-actively suggest or execute troubleshooting or optimisation activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading a small team of scientists and/or research assistants, providing them with scientific and technical guidance on a day-to-day basis. Assisting the Associate Director of Antibody Alliances in goal setting and appraisals.
• Design antibody selections and screening strategies, including development of necessary assays appropriate to meet the stated end goals. Where needed, you assist the external partner in refining the target product profile at the onset of the program.
• Perform general molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction digests/ligations, E. coli transformation, gel electrophoresis, etc).
• Analyse protein expression and quality using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion and affinity chromatography methods, MALDI-TOF or LC/MS mass spectrometry.
• Execute antibody binding assays in a variety of formats, chosen to suit purpose and throughput (i.e. ELISA, Alpha screen or HTRF, SPR).
• Plan and execute analytical flow cytometry, cell binding experiments and functional cell-based bioassays (i.e. reporter cell assays).
• Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing experimental data and presenting in internal and external meetings.
An attractive package/benefits on offer and a great chance to lead a team! If interested then please apply today
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Elisa)