Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Staff Nurse (RMN/RNLD/RGN) to join our multidisciplinary team based in Pontypridd, Wales. You will be working with service users who have mental health issues, bipolar/manic depression and challenging behaviours. Your main focus will be based on rehabilitation and recovery by providing service users with life skills, resilience and coping strategies.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
* Complete assessment, implementation and evaluation of all relevant support plans for the service.
* Ensure all staff work within the prescribed model of care, using PBS, recovery support plans, safety support plans and any other prescribed plans, to reduce restrictive interventions and facilitate consistency of care and building of therapeutic relationships.
* Work in line with all organisational policies/procedures, values and beliefs and direct the staff team to do the same.
* Ensure all patients have a full support plan pathway in accordance with relevant standards.
* Ensure risk assessments are adhered to and incorporated into support plans.
* Lead and support therapeutic interventions as appropriate on an individual basis.
* Focus on recovery and effectively managing relapse as reflected within the recovery model support plans.
* Ensure patient care files evidence interventions and outcomes, are inclusive, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely (SMART) and evaluated monthly taking into account any changes directed by the MDT
* Ensure patient records are factual, accurate and detail patients’ progress within clinical area.
* Prepare written reports for clinical reviews and to contribute to case conference reports.
* Clinically lead and support a team of support workers.
* Understand and adhere to all security requirements for the service, including attending/delivering training when required.
* Ensure a high standard of nursing care during procedures and treatments including the safe storage, administration and recording of medicines in accordance with Legislation, organisational and local policies and NMC Code of professional Conduct.
* Valid NMC Pin Number
* At least 2 years previous experience of working in Mental Health and or Learning Disability care sectors essential
* Demonstrates an understanding of person centred care
* Experience within secure/forensic settings
* Excellent communication skills, empathy, team player
Salary for this role is up to £39,500 depending on experience. Relocation package is available.
39.5 hour contract, combination of days and nights 12 hour shifts.
* 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
* Life Insurance paid for death in service
* Career development opportunities
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne or apply on line