Senior Staff Nurse | Surgical Ward | Band 5/6 equivalent-dependent on experience | Variable shift patterns | Access to training and further development opportunities
Spire Alexandra Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse to join their friendly team. This role is based in a fast pace environment that will requires quick thinking. The successful applicant will provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing a team and ensuring that the team delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks, to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients
Duties and responsibilities
- The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will take charge on shifts assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload
- Take charge of the ward in the absence of the Sister
- Assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs.
- You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others
- Mentoring newly qualified staff and student nurses
- Liaising and networking with other departments across the hospital
Who we're looking for
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practise
- Experience of working within Surgical/HDU/ERU settings
- Good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services
- With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on 07885706278 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Coaching And Mentoring