Senior Staff Nurse| Band 6 | Permanent | Full Time – Days & Nights Rotation |Excellent development opportunities
Spire Manchester has some exciting opportunities for Experienced Surgical Ward Nurse to join our dynamic team as a Senior Staff Nurse. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop you clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 700 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be provide leadership for our surgical ward team, providing post-operative care to our patients, assisting in their recovery and getting them ready for discharge – this will include wound care, assisting with personal care and providing emotional support at what can be a stressful time. You will liaise with patients, their families and consultants giving advice and making recommendations to improve the patients’ wellbeing, whilst also being adept at identifying a deteriorating patient and making on the spot, informed decisions.
Who we are looking for
- Registered Nurse used to working with minimum supervision and experience of working in an Acute environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A surgical background is desirable but we are happy to consider Nurses with an interest in developing their experience in this field.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free onsite gym
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Claire Murphy on 07921 067195 or [ Email address blocked ]
For us,it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Registered Nurse Certified