Senior Staff Nurse - Wards
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered a private London based client that offers world class treatment to patients across a range of Medical and Surgical specialties both inpatients and outpatient. Located in a beautiful, leafy district of London they work to provide the best in private healthcare & NHS services and facilities. They have an available opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse with excellent experience, skills and knowledge. If you think the position is right for you, let's talk.
The overall responsibility within the hospital's surgical unit caring for patients pre and post-operative along with mentoring junior members of staff.
Working alongside the Unit Manager on the ward you will be responsible for ensuring the right standard of care is provided to all patients at all time. Your responsibility will cover all aspects of acute patient care. As a Senior member of staff you will be in charge of the shifts and supervise all junior members of staff on the ward and also deputising for the Sisters and Nurse Managers in their absence. Part of your role will involve bed planning and ensuring that you have enough staff on the ward at all times to adequately care for all of the patients on the ward at all times. You will have an innate ability to quickly identify any issues or concerns and act accordingly. You will also participate in ward rounds and assist medical staff with clinical procedures when required.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
• Have extensive experience of working in a surgical ward across multiple specialties.
• Be competent in IV, Phlebotomy and Cannulation along with experience in management of TPN, stoma's and VAC's dressings.
• Have the ability work as part of a team and therefore be expected to be a good team leader and lead by example.
• Have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure along with good communication and computer skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Holiday entitlement-27 days plus bank holidays
• Pension-including continuation of NHS pension if required
• Season Ticket Loan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Discounts on retail
• Continued professional development
Apply now for a call back to discuss the role in more detail
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Attention To Detail
- Clinical Works
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Health Care