GxP Recruitment invites applications on behalf of their biotech client in Central Scotland where an exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Stem Cell Scientist Scientist to join their team.
Key duties include:
* Perform cell culture of pluripotent cells, primary immune cells, generation and maintenance of established cell lines.
* Perform differentiation of pluripotent cells to various cell lineages.
* Lead in the characterisation of differentiated cells by flow cytometry and qPCR.
* Perform functional cell-based assays.
* Ensure work is performed in accordance with the company’s quality assurance and health and safety policies including the provision of COSHH/BIOCOSHH/Risk assessments.
* Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to, laboratory notebooks, standard operating procedures, COSHH/BIOCOSHH assessments and risk assessments.
* Carry out literature reviews /collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
* Provide support to other departments within company.
* Contribute to written documentation including SOPs, publications and patent applications.
The ideal candidate profile:
* Degree in stem cell/cell biology or equivalent experience. PhD level qualification is advantageous.
* Extensive experience in cell culture, cell based assays and flow cytometry is essential
* Differentiation of human ES/iPS cells into haematopoietic lineages is essential.
* Experience in primary cell isolation
* Experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA isolation, qPCR)
* Experience in writing papers, SOPs, patent applications
* Strong presentation skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer skills (Word, Excel, GraphPad Prism and FlowJo)
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions
Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing
Graph Pad Prism