- Ongoing shifts & Block Bookings
Michael Page is working in partnership with one of the charitable housing association to provide support to our residents to live independently so they can enjoy their homes and neighbourhoods. We do our best to create vibrant communities. We reinvest all of our profit into creating new homes, maintaining our properties and supporting communities. Workshops to develop skills and help people find good jobs. Personal support for older and more vulnerable residents. Buzzy neighbourhood centres with activities for all ages.
As Senior Care Worker (Senior Support Worker) you will support the Care Coordinator to ensure the delivery of high-quality personalised care to clients within the care service, including the wider community. As part of your role, you will
- Assist the care coordinator to ensure that contracted hours of care are delivered to a high standard and that all documents, records and systems (e.g. Business Manager) are updated in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Monitor and report concerns in relation to safeguarding issues or significant changes in health and social circumstance of a client in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist in effectively managing work rotas and timesheets ensuring staffing levels allow for a responsive service to clients.
- Assist the care coordinator with devising and reviewing personalised care plans and risk assessments for existing clients in line with agreed care packages.
- Liaise with family, friends and other appropriate people involved in the care of the client to ensure that good communication and co-operation is maintained.
- Legal right to live and work in the UK
As a Senior Care Worker (Senior Support Worker) you will be:
- Compassionate, empathetic, and understanding of resident's needs
- Passionate about supporting the community and helping improve the livelihoods of the residents in your care
- Eager to share knowledge and experience while coming to work daily aiming to learn and develop
- Available to commit to regular shifts around your lifestyle
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
- Group Bonus
- 25 days leave (Rising to 28 after 3 years' service
- Flexible benefits - £300 allowance to spend on health and lifestyle
- Enhanced DBS and induction paid for
- £0.41p per mile used within work hours
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Refer a friend bonus
- Pension scheme
- Above & Beyond the Call of Duty Awards
- Customer Experience Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eyes tests and Flu vouchers
- Eager Evaluations