Job title: Senior Support Worker
Location: Oxley Park Milton Keynes
Salary: £10.12 per hour
Role: Full time Permanent 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 8am to 8pm
Are you a senior care assistant/support worker, or an experienced support worker who has undertaken additional duties then this role would be ideal for you set in to a lovely specialist Supported Living setting. An NVQ level 3 is required for this role.
We are an award-winning organisation, and we are nominated for several more awards within the care sector in 2021. We are also an Investors in People accredited organisation so you can be sure we will offer support and guidance during your career with us. Our vision is for every one of our services to be "Outstanding" with CQC.
Senior Support Worker Benefits
- Excellent 4-day initial training programme, a comprehensive 12-week induction programme followed by an ongoing training & development pathway.
- Employee of the month prize
- Team of the month prize
- Career Progression Opportunities - most of our managers started off as support workers!
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 28-day holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Recommend a friend - £250 incentive.
- Employee Assistance Programme focussed on your well-being.
- Access to Blue Light Card savings - The UK's number one discount service for the emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces
To take the lead as Senior Support Worker in the provision of support, to act as key worker where appropriate and to take personal responsibility for dealing with emergency or complex situations that may arise.
To provide high quality support to people based upon their needs and wishes using a person centred approach.
About the service
Roman House is a bespoke and spacious residential service designed to support up to 6 adults with Autistic Spectrum Condition and other associated needs to develop the skills and confidence necessary to lead a life of greater independence and choice.
- To take the lead in the development of Person Centred Plans for people and to implement the elements of the plan as a member of the staff team.
- To act as a key worker for individual people where appropriate.
- To take the lead in dealing with emergency or complex situations that may arise.
- To lead the implementation of Person Centred Plans and support people in their daily living and personal care based upon the Active Support Approach.
- To support people in undertaking activities or development in their own home and in the community, including employment, education and other opportunities.
- To maintain records as required relating to people's lives, service and individual financial affairs.
- To assist with the drawing up of risk assessments relating to individuals and the service in order to protect the health, safety and welfare of all and to implement and contribute to the review of these.
- To liaise with external parties, carers and parents as required.
- To be responsible for the supervision of other Support Workers as required.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the job.
At Precious Homes, we work by empowering individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Conditions, and other complex needs, to live as independently as possible, to become integral members of the community and to achieve their goals and aspirations through individual care pathways. As a social care provider we also empower our staff family to make important decisions in the workplace and our aim is to be as person centred with our staff as we are with our service users.
- Medical Emergency
- Nursing Home Care
- Risk Analysis
- Self Motivation
- Well Being And Personal Care