Domus are pleased to be working with a fantastic nationwide charity with the remit to recruit for a Senior Support Worker for one of their residential provisions which provides care to adults with physical/learning disabilities in Harrow, North West London.
The charity are a well-established provider of disability care, operating across a number of residential and nursing services nationwide.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Support Worker/Team Leader with a ?hands-on' attitude to management.
• To communicate with Service Users using their preferred means of communication encouraging them to voice their own choices, needs and options freely
• To respond to the needs of each individual within the specified person-centred plans, so that they are able to make informed choices whilst maintaining their safety
• To respond to the complex needs of Service Users appropriately using specialist training techniques and adhering to multi-disciplinary protocolsThe ideal candidate will:
• Previous experience of working with learning disabilities in a residential setting
• Hold minimum NVQ Level 2 in Care or equivalent (essential)
• Be a good communicator who is able to communicate effectively with residents and families.
• Experience of working with people in a team
• Understand the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided
• Experience of supporting people during challenging incidents following multi-disciplinary protocols
• Have a clean DBS and have a full record of satisfactory references from jobs in the care sector.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself : Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Supported Living Manager vacancy, please call Jake on [Click here to apply]
quoting reference JHW7867 or email your CV to [Click here to apply]
Key words: Senior Support Worker, Team Leader, Learning Disabilities, Charity, Harrow, London