Senior theatre practitioner (Scrub)
South West London
South West London
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London.
This hospital receives both UK and international patients and is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients. Attracting leading consultants and doctors recognised for excellence in their specialised fields, we're wanting to hear from passionate NMC or HCPC registered candidates.
* Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate peri-operative patient care.
* Assist in the management and organisation of the operating theatres, including 5 staff.
* Ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
* Participate in the delegation and supervision of junior grades, unqualified and less experienced staff.
* Provide surgical, anaesthetic or recovery assistance to the consultants during all surgical procedures whether under local, regional, sedation or general anaesthetic.
* Assist in the preparation of patients as directed by the surgical team.
* Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatres Coordinator.
* Support initiatives to improve service for customers.
* Take responsibility for career development within the team and drive a performance culture.
The successful candidate:
* NMC or HCPC registration.
* Possess a good skill mix including bariatric, orthopaedic, cardiac, ENT and paediatrics.
* Minimum 4 years theatre experience.
* Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
* The ability to work under pressure.
As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include care certificate opportunities, clinical leadership development programmes, NMC fees paid after 12 months service, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessment, discounted gym membership and childcare vouchers.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on [Click here to apply]
, for further information.
Job Posting End Date