Senior in vitro Toxicology Research Scientist
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with leading researchers and organisations to enhance drug discovery programmes across DMPK, Toxicology and ADME. Based near Macclesfield, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join them as a Senior in vitro Toxicology Research Scientist. This is a senior, laboratory based role with supervisory responsibilities. If you are looking to lead exciting drug discovery projects relating to Toxicology and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for highly experienced Drug Discovery experts who have significant Drug Toxicology experience on the in vitro side. You will hold a MSc, or ideally a PhD, in Toxicology, Biomedical Science, Pharmacology, or related subject. You will conduct a range of bespoke in vitro toxicology assays using various 2D and 3D cells disease models (hepatocytes, cardiomyocytes, neurological cells), high content imaging and screening (HCS), flow cytometry and various cell/molecular biology techniques.
As a Senior Research Scientist, you will develop high quality assays to provide high quality in vitro toxicology data whilst offering technical expertise to clients and junior staff members. You will have supervisory responsibilities for a small number of junior scientists and report into the Team Leader.
The role will involve working on various throughput formats, using liquid handling robots.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
* A PhD or Master’s – Focused on Biology, Toxicity, Pharmacology, or related subject
* Recent and significant experience in developing and running in vitro toxicology assays for drug discovery applications:
* 2D/3D cell culture for modelling disease.
* High content imaging + screening (HCS).
* Hepatotoxicity / Cardiotoxicity.
* Proven mammalian cell culture experience, including adherent cell lines.
* Previous experience in high-throughput toxicology formats.
* Proven ability to interpret large data sets and drive experiments forward.
* Previous line management experience of junior scientists would be advantageous.
* Excellent communication skills to both internal staff, and external clients.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Being a leading drug discovery service provider, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package
Cardiac Muscle Cell
Diseases And Disorders