Sister | Management |Outpatient |up to mid Band 6 equivalent| Full time - Flexible hours |Access to training and further development opportunities
Spire Alexandra Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Sister to join their enthusiastic and committed Outpatient team. This role is based in a fast pace environment which requires quick thinking. The successful applicant will provide exemplary planned care for patients whilst managing a team and ensuring that they delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks, to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and organize clinical services for OPD daily running of department.
- Give clear direction and leadership, energetic, pro-active, and able to act on own initiative
- Good communicator at all levels, commitment with daily visible leadership in the department
- Staff management – Lead team in clinical excellence – good direction act as a role model at all levels and ensure as a leader you can practice all competencies for procedures and tests required within the department.
- Attend, plan, organize and run meetings for the department
Who we're looking for:
- NMC registered Nurse with no restriction on practice
- Extensive experience of working at a Senior Level
- Phlebotomy trained
- Experience of Cardiac monitoring 24hr hook up for ECG and BP, ENT –Decontamination of equipment, equipment usage
- Plastics – General knowledge of wound care and complex wounds and sutures.
- Minor op set up and support – working on safety check list WHO
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers @ [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications