ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
Working within the Quality Department in Chatteris, you will ensure the maintenance of the ALS Quality Management System within the ALS Chatteris food chemistry laboratories on a day to day basis. This is a permanent position.
The position will be responsible for the following:
* Review, amend, write and issue SOP’s as required.
* Ensure that all SOP’s and procedures held by the department are current and that all relevant staff are trained accordingly in current and revised procedures upon re-issue as per the group document control process.
* Maintain and monitor Quality Control Records in conjunction with the Laboratory Management teams.
* Support the QM team in performing site/group audits and managing site schedules.
* Generate and maintain the equipment service and calibration schedule.
* Perform Weekly Spot Check and Quarterly Compliance Checks.
* Check daily records relating to equipment on a monthly basis.
* Perform the internal calibration of equipment when required.
* Maintain the equipment database.
* Manage the archiving of records and arranging collection of archived records by the external archiving contractor.
* Manage internal and external quality control processes and support the QM team in reviewing and trending the results.
* Log any events/actions on the ALS Quality Management system.
* Manage completion and effectiveness checks of all corrective and preventive actions.
* Manage Change Control and Risk Management processes when required.
* Participate to external audits.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* To be successful in this role you will have:
* Good written and verbal communication skills (internally and externally).
* High level of reporting and writing skills.
* Very high attention to detail and methodical approach to the task.
* Organisational skills of multi-tasks and multi-people.
* Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising task and able to work to deadlines.
* Ability to maintain objectivity and represent the interests of the Quality Management department in challenging situations and / or when challenged by people.
* Good analytical and numerical skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Motivation to work in a dynamic and customer focused workplace.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company. Attractive remuneration and benefits can be available dependant on performance
Document Management Systems
Attention To Detail
Laboratory Management System