Social Care Officers - Sandwell MBC
Full Time - 37 Hours Per Week
As a call handler you will take and receive calls from vulnerable people and families affected by the pandemic throughout the winter period where alternative sources of assistance may be unavailable.
You must have: -
• GSCE English and Maths or equivalent qualification.
• Have previous experience of working within a children's or adults social care setting.
• Alternatively, working within Welfare rights, Benefits or Housing would be an advantage.
You will be expected to: -
• Assess physical, psychological, educational and employment needs, taking into consideration all aspects of the home and local environment, social activities and family relationships.
• Work from a prepared script as a guide, however you will need to be enquiring and probe to establish more information.
• You will be a decision maker when assessing eligibility for grants etc. Experience of eligibility testing would be advantageous.
• Liaise with other parts of the organisation
• Liaise with families and adults daily via telephone establishing their basic needs.
* Experience of having difficult conversations and dealing with challenges, whilst at the same time being sympathetic.
• Be flexible
* Work as part of a team or on your own.
• You will have effective communication skills both written and verbal as you will be required to interact with a range of people e.g. service users, internal colleagues, senior managers and stakeholders.
Induction and on the job, training will be provided for this role, you will be required to work from home and a lap top will be provided.
If you are interested in this role and require any information or any information on any other role in your area please contact Adam at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email [ Email address blocked ]
Please note: Service Care Solutions also offer a referral fee of £250 for anyone you may know who may be interested in this role or similar roles. Once they are placed and complete their probationary period you receive a £250 bonus
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using Jobmedic.co.uk you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Jobmedic.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.