1 year maternity cover for a Social worker to be a key member of the MASH team with the primary function of screening and responding to all new referrals into children`s social care. You will support the team in delivering high quality and effective services to children, young people, and their families/carers. The Single Point of Access (SPA) Social Worker will be responsible for supporting management of SPA in screening, risk assessing and gathering further information on all referrals that come into the SPA as needed. This will include having an excellent telephone manner when speaking with parents and professionals. The post holder will be expected to consider the information gathered, analyse that data and make recommendations about referrals with final authorisation from the SPA Management. In addition, they will be required to respond to safeguarding calls and telephone consultations to
identify risk at the initial stages and provide advice accordingly and to respond to information requests from external professionals in line with the Data Protection Act. The SPA Social Worker will be managed by the Team Manager and will receive monthly 1-2-1 supervision and support in continuous professional development.
Skills and experience
- Experienced in the use of ICT including MS Word, Google suite and case record management
- Proven experience in preparing and maintaining case records and other case work information
- Knowledge of statutory legislation (for example Children`s Act) and national policy drivers that will affect children`s services and your role.
- Experienced in managing an allocated daily caseload within strict timescales
To apply for this role you must have:
- Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Social Work England Registration
Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
Be HCPC Registered